Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

Gender Reveal Parties are so fun! My brother knew the gender of his baby but they wanted a special way to tell everyone so we whipped up this reveal party... 


 First I baked some cupcakes that we would use as the "reveal" of the gender. I didn't really think it through at first and I turned the entire cake batter pink before deciding that everyone would see the cupcakes and know the gender right away...duh! Then I tried something different....



I colored the icing pink


 Inserted it into a hole in all the cupcakes
                                       

We then drew and cut out mustaches and bows from bristol board and hot glued them to thick popsicle sticks... and of course I included the chalkboard!

We decorated the place in pink and blue.




And had everyone pick either a mustache or a bow to make their gender guess.




Then it was time for the big reveal! We counted down and everyone took a bite of their cupcakes to reveal the PINK icing! Cupcake success...phewf!

My new niece will be here in late September! :)

The party was a great time and it was really fun to help put everything together (Making the cupcakes was a different story.... lots of groans and complaints from me for three hours!). I would say the party was a success! 




No comments:

Post a Comment