Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nursery Inspiration


Yes, I am already decorating the nursery in my mind! I have been since day one! This is something I am so excited about. I have been browsing a lot of nurseries and getting a picture of what I want it to look like. I have already cleared out the room so that all that is left is the pink carpet (ick!) and puppy's dog bed. I think that room will remain the dog's room long after it becomes a nursery (she realllllllly loves babies)! I have decided on room colours already. Hopefully sometime very soon we will be laying the new floor so I can really get started!

I thought I would post some photos of the nurseries that I am using as inspiritation to make ours! It's a little trickier than I thought it would be to do a gender neutral room that isn't too girly or too boyish and not the usual green or yellow... just not a big fan of those colours in general. I've decided on light grey walls and turquoise/aqua as the other colour. I think maybe after the baby is born I will add purple accents for a girl and green for a boy... just maybe.



 I really like how the grey & turquoise look. I also really like the chevron curtains and bedding in the picture on the right. 

I am going with white furniture since the floors will be a dark wood and I don't want to match the floor. We also have white trim and doors so it was an obvious choice for me! Plus grey looks GREAT with white :)

I love elephants with this grey & turquoise scheme... and I found some CUTE bedding to match. The only thing is I don't want it to be too theme-y and have elephant overload. I'm thinking I want more along the lines of a stuffed elephant, a little bit of elephants on the bedding and maybe some artwork like this cute button one I'm going to try to make- but my main theme will just be the colours.



I do like these elephant items however and will have to find similar items for the nursery (in the right colours of course):

 On the left is the bedding I was leaning towards but with turquoise chevron blankets and a grey pillow with turquoise elephant. The mobile would have to be made with less ruffles to make it more neutral but I think it would be easy to DIY.

Another thing I love is anything added to the walls, not just art work, but decals, quotes, shelves, etc. I think I've decided on a tree decal and some book shelves like these:


I really like how the spice racks became book shelves and that the tree is pretty neutral and has shelves as branches, cute!

I've got my work cut out for me, good thing I have until August because most of it is DIY! I'll be sure to share my successes and failures of my art projects with you and post the before, during & after pics of the room!

These are just some more pictures I am gathering inspiration from:



1 comment:

  1. I like your choices! And...hope that you will stop by and share your pics with other mommies-to-be on my site, Unique Baby Gear Ideas when you're done! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete